You are here: Home
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday meeting a delegation of MPs from Telangana State who called on him said that the Centre has not encroached upon the powers of the Telangana government in matters of law and order. The Union Minister told the delegation that it only implemented the AP State Reorganization Act.
TRS MP K Kavitha said that the Home Minister had assured the delegation that the Central Government would not hurt the federal structure of the country. She said that the meeting was a very positive and added that the Home Minister has assured that the Centre will not take any measures that will curtail the powers of the State.
Telangana State news headlines on August 21, 2014
Latest updated news
Steel Plant will come at Bayyaram
SAIL will take care of the process
Integrated Household Survey begins in the State (live updates)
3.75 lakh enumerators to visit 99.41 lakh households
GO issued forming Girija Adivsory Council
Council should meet twice in a year
Telangana State news headlines on August 19, 2014
Latest updated news
Integrated Survey a great hit
95 per cent of the population covered in Tuesday survey
Telangana Elections - 2014
Lok Sabha Elections
- Adilabad (ST)
- Peddapalle (SC)
- Warangal (SC)
- Mahabubabad (ST)
- Adilabad: Farmer commits suicide in Annaram village of Kotapally mandal. He has incurred a debt of Rs. 50,000 for cultivating cotton on his four-acre land.
- Hyderabad: Police conduct mock drill at Hyderabad Central
- Medak: Police have seized Rs 5 lakhs from a car at RTA check post in Zaheerabad of Medak district.
- Nalgonda: State government releases Rs. 3 crore for supply of safe drinking water to fluoride-affected areas
- Rangareddy: Village Panchayat elections of Shamshabad will be held on April 13
- Warangal: 13.4 mm rain was recorded in Warangal. The rain wrecked havoc as several trees were uprooted and damage was caused to newly harvest chilli and cotton crops
- K Chandrashekar Rao: TPCC disciplinary committee recommends the high command to expel Palvai Govardhan Reddy for his criticism on Ponnala Lakshmaiah and Digvijay Singh.
- AIMIM: MIM offers full support to TRS government for the development of Telangana and Hyderabad city.
- Renuka Chowdary: Renuka Chowdary blames senior politicians in party for the party's loss in Telangana.
- Thoorpu Jayaprakash Reddy: Government Whip Thoorpu Jayaprakash Reddy demands the Election Commission of India to cancel the recognition of MIM party following the alleged hate speech of its MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi.
- Vijayashanti: Medak MP Vijayasanthi is reportedly miffed with TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao for sidelining her in the party. Meanwhile, the BJP says that it would keep its door open if Vijayashanti wants to return back to party fold.
- Telangana Employees' Joint Action Committee: TEJAC releases a book on Sakala Janula Samme