Asaduddin Owaisi is the president of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen party. He is a Member of Lok Sabha representing Hyderabad parliamentary constituency. In the 2014 elections, Asaduddin won the Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat for the third consecutive time.
Asaduddin was born on 13 May 1969 in Hyderabad. His father Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi was an Indian politician and had represented Hyderabad Lok Sabha constituency for six consecutive terms from 1984 to 2004.
Asaduddin studied at Hyderabad Public School. He did his Intermediate from St. Mary's Junior College and graduated in Bachelor of Arts from Nizam College, Osmania University. Asaduddin later left for London to study LL.B and Barrister-at-Law from Lincolns Inn, England.
Asaduddin has two younger brothers, Akbaruddin Owaisi and Burhanuddin Owaisi. Akbaruddin is a Member of Legislative Assembly representing Chandrayangutta constituency and Burhanuddin is the editor of Urdu daily Etemad.
Awards and Accomplishments
Asaduddin is ranked second among Top 10 MPs raked on their overall performance in Parliament. In 2014, he has received Sansad Ratna award.
- Second among Top 10 MPs ranked based on their overall performance in Parliament
- Received Sansad Ratna award
- Utilised 94 percent of the MPLADS funds to provide water and drainage facilities to people
- Introduced a scheme of providing 12 litres of protected water at Rs. 1 in 12 places in his constituency
On 3 April 2014, Asaduddin has filed nomination to contest Hyderabad Lok Sabha seat. The two-time MP told the media that he is confidence of winning and scoring a hat-trick. The main goal of Owaisi is to developed Hyderabad even more and to attract foreign investments.
According to the affidavit filed at the time of nomination, here are the assets and liabilities declared by Owaisi.
- Total assets worth: Rs 3.1 crore
- Property of his wife worth: Rs 51.4 lakh
- Movable assets worth: Rs 27.84 lakh
- Movable assets of wife worth: Rs 6.35 lakh
- Loans: 1.4 crore
- Houses: A flat at Lake View apartment in Road No. 1, Banjara Hills, a house in Misrigunj of old city
- Criminal cases: 4
- Charges framed in: 1
- Cash in hand: Rs 11 lakh
- Cash with wife: Rs 35,000
- Centre likely to concede Telangana state in two or three months : KCR - September 28, 2011