K Taraka Rama Rao
Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao is a politician of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi in Andhra Pradesh. He is popularly called K T Rama Rao or KTR.
KTR is the son of TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao. He first became an MLA representing Sircilla assembly constituency in 2009 which he won by a close margin of 172 votes. In the 2010 bye-elections, KTR won with a majority of 68,000 votes.
KTR made his political entry in the 2009 Assembly elections from Sircilla constituency, which he won by 171 votes against TRS rebel candidate KK Mahender Reddy.
KT Rama Rao has three major plans to implement if he gets elected for Sircilla.
- Set up a special textile zone and a mega-powerloom cluster
- The Rs. 7,115 crore Upper Mainar lift irrigation project has already been initiated. The work will be completed within three years
- Set up an ITI to train the youth, especially for the powerloom industry, and will launch a project for women bidi workers.
KT Rama Rao has said that TRS is ready to consider an alliance with Congress in the 2014 elections. If both parties trust each other and respect other, Congress-TRS alliance will be looked into by the Keshava Rao committee, Rama Rao said. Mar 5, 2014
Refuses to react on Jana Sena
Reacting on Pawan Kalyan's speech at the launch of Jana Sena, Rama Rao said that they are indifferent to what Pawan says or his party does in the context of Telangana. Rama Rao criticized that Pawan exhibited his arrogance and his confusing mind. He refused to react on the party. Mar 14, 2014
- War of words escalates between TRS and YSRCP - December 18, 2012
- KCR meets AICC observer Vayalar Ravi - September 10, 2012
- Police arrest several TRS leaders - July 23, 2012
- TRS demands postponement of State Budget - February 17, 2012
- High Court grants bail to Cheruku Sudhakar - December 8, 2011
- TRS places adjournment motion on Telangana State resolution - December 2, 2011
- MLAs Jupally Krishna Rao, T Rajaiah and Somarapu Satyanarayana join TRS - October 30, 2011
- 3-day Rail Roko begins in Telangana - October 15, 2011
- Telangana delegation to leave to New Delhi today - September 30, 2011
- Lagadapati Rajagopal arrested in Hyderabad - September 27, 2011