Adilabad is a district in Telangana. The district headquarters is Adilabad town. The district is named after ruler of Bijapur Sultanate, Ali Adil Shah I.
Adilabad is located between 77.46' and 80.01' of the eastern longitudes and 18.40' and 19.56' of the northern latitudes. It has Yeotmal and Chanda districts of Maharastra on the north, Chanda district on the east, Karimnagar and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh on the south and Nanded district of Maharastra on the west.
A 24-year-old cotton farmer Kothuri Rajesh on 11 October 2012 committed suicide in Annaram village of Kotapally mandal. The farmer is said to have incurred a debt of Rs. 50,000. He took loans for cultivating cotton on his four-acre land.
Adilabad district has one Parliamentary constituency and ten Assembly constituencies.
There are 52 mandals in Adilabad district.
|Collector||Dr. A.Ashok, IAS||(08732) email@example.com|
|Joint Collector||Sri I. Samuel Anand Kumar, IAS||(08732) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Superintendent of Police||Sri Sarvashresth Tripati, IPS||(08732) 226246|
|D.I.G./I.G./Additional D.G. of Police||Sri Sanjay Kumar Jain, IPS||(0878) 2262377|
Lok Sabha members
The following are the list of Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) members from Adilabad.
- Adilabad constituency - Ramesh Rathod (TDP)
- Peddapalli constituency - G Vivek (Congress)
Member of Legislative Council members (MLC)
- Pogaku Yadagiri (MLA quota) - TDP
- Premsagar Rao (Local body) - Congress
- Naradasu Lakshmana Rao (Graduate quota) - TRS
- Mohan Reddy - Teachers quota
Personalities belonging to political parties
- ZP Chairman - Seedam Ganapathi
- District Congress Committee (DCC) president - C Ramachandra Reddy
- TDP district president - Hanumantha Rao
- TRS district (West) president - Sri Hari Rao
- TRS district (East) president - Puranam Satish
- BJP district president - Ravula Ramnath
- CPI(M) district secretary - Bandi Dattatri
- CPI district secretary - Badri Satyanarayana
- Former MP - Indrakiran Reddy (Congress)