Join Telangana News Online WhatsApp Group at https://chat.whatsapp.com/BaDmxsNnEh6AqSHzaQ4fgr
In the News
- TRS wins Palair Assembly Constituency bypoll ending Congress hold over the constituency.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches high speed Wi-Fi facility at Kacheguda railway station
- 251 prisoners freed for good conduct.
- Vice Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad Prof. Appa Rao resumes duty. Students protest his return by ransacking VC's lodge.
- Chief Secretary of the Telangana Government Rajiv Sharma issues orders declaring 'Good Friday' a holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act.
- Telangana Committee on Amenities unanimously recommended hike in salaries of legislators and pension for former MLAs and MLCs
- Hindu Vahini activists hurls stones at Asaduddin Owaisi's convoy at Bhainsa in Adilabad. Police averts a communal incident.
- IT Minister K Taraka Rama Rao meets four Union Ministers in Delhi on various issues
- Mild tensions prevailed at Osmania University as police stop students from taking march to Assembly. Students pelted stones at the police and police had to resort to lathi charge to disperse the students.
- Charminar Pedestrianisation Project will be completed in four to five months, said Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development K Taraka Rama Rao.
- Mahbubnagar Lok Sabha MP Jitender Reddy says that promises made to Telangana in the AP Reorganization Act were not fulfilled. He participated in the debate on special category status to Andhra Pradesh
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and his wife along with family members worshiped at the Yadagirigutta Lakshminarasimha Swamy Temple on the occasion of Brahmotsavams. Special prayers were offered.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju says new civil aviation policy is at an advanced stage and is likely to come out by April 2016.
- The India Aviation 2016 was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on March 16, 2016.
- The Telangana State Budget for financial year 2016-17 was presented to the Telangana Legislature by Minister of Finance Etela Rajender
- Film director and actor Farhan Akthar will perform at the Bits Pilani Hyderabad campus' annual cultural festival Pearl from March 17 to 20.
- Sharp exchanges between TRS and Congress members occurred in the Telangana Legislative Council when Shabbir Ali raised the issue of government's decision to ban uploading of government orders on its website
- Telangana State Council of Higher Education to put details of degree holders online to curb fake certificates and credentials.
- Dr. Sanjaya Baru, media advisor to Manmohan Singh when he was PM, said that late Chief Minister YS Rajasekhar Reddy stalled the formation of Telangana State in 2009. Baru said YSR told the Prime Minister that Congress would neither win in Telangana nor in Andhra Pradesh if they go to polls announcing the formation of Telangana state. Baru said that YSR foresaw that Congress would not benefit by formation of separate Telangana State.
- The members of the Telangana Legislative Assembly condoled the death of Paleru MLA late Ramreddy Venkat Reddy. Telangana Chief Minister and Leader of the House K Chandrasekhar Rao moved a condolence motion and spoke of the achievements Ramireddy Venkat Reddy. He reminded the members that Venkat Reddy was elected to the Assembly five times. Leader of Opposition K Jana Reddy recalled his association with Ramireddy.
- Telangana Budget session begins. Governor ESL Narasimhan addresses joint sitting of the Telangana Legislature
- Congress MLA Komatireddy Venkat Reddy said Congress would win 95 seats in the 2019 elections and would form the government.
- The India Meteorological Department, Hyderabad warned of spell of rain or thundershowers in Hyderabad city and its surrounding areas over the next couple of days.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai officials announces setting up a new campus of Google Hyderabad at Gachibowli. Google will invest Rs. 1,000 crore in its new project in the next four years. The campus is expected to be operational by 2019.
- Senior TDP leader K Vijayarama Rao resigns to the party. The former minister and CBI director was upset with party leadership for keeping him away from party affairs.